Sunday 9 November 2014

Alexander Wang x H&M

 




 

 



Like a lot of other Alexander Wang fan's who's dreamt of having a piece in their wardrobe and avid followers of the H&M designer collaborations, I was certainly after a piece from the long awaited collaboration between Alexander Wang and H&M. The collection landed in store on the 6th Nov and was a genius idea of Wang's inspired by performance wear including pieces made from Neoprene and Scuba. 

I was definitely after a piece from the collection and decided to do what a lot of other crazy Wang fan's did and queue outside H&M in the early hours of the morning. Originally I planned to queue from 4am but after walking past the H&M store at 10.30pm the night before my plans quickly changed as there were already 6 people queuing up for the must have collection. Thats right, I QUEUED OVER 10 HOURS FOR WANG! In the freezing cold, with no more than a coat and a hoody to keep me warm. I wasn't alone however and throughout the night more and more fans starting appearing outside the Manchester H&M store. Between 5.30pm (the night before the collection launched) and 9am the next morning there was more than 400 people queuing down Market Street in Manchester. 

After the long night of cold and a lot of people questioning us why we were sat on the street, 9am finally arrived and was definately full of crazed Wang fans! The doors to the H&M store opened on the dot at 9am and luckily I had a wristband so was one of the first 15 to shop the highly anticipated Alexander Wang x H&M collection. 

I went straight for the neoprene/scuba Wang crop sweater in grey and then to the black low cut crop bralet; which were both definitely worth the 10 hours in the cold! 

The collection was amazing and a genius idea of Wang's to bring his sportswear/streetwear style to the masses. I am definitely very happy I managed to get my hands on something from the collection and it will keep me going until I can get my hands on the real thing someday! 

Sophie //.

No comments:

Post a Comment